Saturday, September 12, 2009

Totally 80's

When you get asked to go to an 80's Prom, and you are, say, about 20 years out from your 80's prime, expect two things:

1. You will be shocked (shocked!) that nearly everything you need to relive your past is available, new, in stores now.

2. You will feel old.

I was really trying to go for a certain look. Maybe one that my parents would not have let me get away with when I was 16 years old. Kind of an "I am so totally going to the Bon Jovi concert tonight" look.

I think it went pretty well.

However, I was not prepared for the amount of time it would take to apply that much makeup and that much hairspray.

Dr. Dad was channeling his inner Sonny Crockett.

I dare you not to hum the theme to Miami Vice.

We did have a great time. We won the fill in the blank 80's song contest (only one wrong out of 100!). We had fun looking at all the wild outfits.

Unlike our actual Prom experiences, we were completely exhausted by 11:00 and could barely muster the strength to slow dance to "I've Had the Time of My Life."

And even though we have some fond memories of the 80's, we are pretty happy with our here and now.

Totally Awesome.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That is freakin' awesome!!!! I love it! I'd totally go to an 80's prom, and you're right, everything you need is available NEW! No thrift stores for that costume! :-)