Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow and Stuff

I truly can't believe how much snow we have. I think the entire month of February and most of January has been coated in snow.

It's snowing even as I type this.

There have been a few benefits to this...

The birds are all over our feeders and it's a nice show. We have so many cardinals...it is almost shocking how red they are in all the white.

We have TOTALLY gotten our money's worth out of the snow blower Dr. Dad picked up at a garage sale and finally got working.

We have some very good pictures of the kids in the snow.

Otherwise, I am pretty over the snow by now. I miss the sun. I miss just getting some shoes on the kids and walking out the door without coats/hats/scarves/mittens/boots/shovels.

In other news, I joined a gym. Strange but true.

The last time I regularly went to any type of exercise facility was when I was in college. But, to be honest, the Rec Center was more for socializing than sweating. I mean, they had air hockey. Who wants to run when you can play air hockey?

So far I have been going 3 times a week. I had a few sessions with a personal trainer, who made me do weights. So, I have been doing the weights and feeling the "burn" and the "pain" and "working through it". They use a lot of quotation marks at the gym.

This, of course, is all in preparation for my sister's upcoming wedding. I have been crowned Matron-of-Honor (which just makes me sound old and semi-important).

Aren't they cute?

All I can say is, thank GOD for our Mom. She pretty much took care of my entire wedding, and she is executive wedding planner for my sister. Both of us planned our weddings "long distance" (ok, mine was 3 hours away, and my sister is more like 7 STATES away but even so...) and I know it never would have happened without her. If I actually had to fulfill any of the traditional "Matron-of-Honor" duties it would not be pretty.

So, while I contemplate heading out to the gym in all this snow, I leave you with a picture to brighten your day.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

WOW for you if you brave the snow for the GYM!!! I can hardly brave the dark morning to walk 5 feet from my bed and get on the treadmill!!! You go, girl! :-)