Monday, June 14, 2010

This Post is Chock Full of Goodness

So much has been going on that I am almost at a loss as to how best to describe the whirlwind this last week has been for us. Several times in the past few days I have thought "I should just do a quick post about that" and then I collapsed in a heap in my bed.

Let's see.

We participated in Relay for Life. The theme was Birthdays and let's just say Baby Boy was very, very happy to celebrate. I could have included the hundreds of pictures we have of him celebrating by eating Doritos, climbing a rock wall, or trying to dismantle the birthday candles my friend painstakingly made for our campsite. But I don't think this post can hold that many jpegs.

Then is was Field Day and Baby Girl's last day of school. Here she is with her awesome First Grade teacher.

I can't believe we are the parents of a Second Grader.

Also...did you know "Field Day" is not what it used to be? I remember our Field Day was basically a bunch of races and maybe a Popsicle after we sat in the hot High School stadium all afternoon (oh jeez...now I am probably going to start saying "in my day we did things differently" gah). Baby Girl had what I like to think of as a carnival. Bouncy houses! Face painting! Snow cones! A DJ spinning all your favorite Justin Bieber songs, for crying out loud! She loved it.

Then we were on to the annual dance recital extravaganza. Monday night staging rehearsal. Wednesday night dress rehearsal. Friday and Saturday night performances that got us home at eleven at night.

Do you see her there as that pretty pink flower? Yessir I spent the requisite 20 hours complaining about the money/time/schedule thing. Then I watched her on that stage and you bet I signed us up for another year.

Her brother even enjoyed himself. Or, he enjoyed spending the second half of the show in the hallway with his Papa kicking an empty plastic water bottle around and trying to escape up the stairs.

Dr. Dad spent part of the week at a conference and then topped it off with a Bat Survey. How many wives get to say that?

"So, where's your husband?"

"Oh, he's off looking for bats."

"Bats?"

"Yes. He's like Batman, only more environmentally friendly."

We thought we were going to see him off to the Gulf for a few weeks due to that awful, awful oil spill. But it looks like that has been put on hold.

So. Today is Monday again. I feel like I am just catching my breath. But there is always the annual garage sale I am organizing with my Mom this weekend, and then, a trip to LA to see my fabulous sister.

Holy cow. I want to collapse in my bed just thinking about it.

No comments: