Sunday, June 21, 2009

11 Months

Dear Baby Boy

For your 11 Month Birthday we decided to throw in a few extras.
Father's Day (I should have a whole post about how much I love Dr. Dad and what an awesome Father he is. But we are on vacation. See next point).
Your first trip to the beach (more on this later...like I said, we are on vacation).
A lovely Mexican dinner.
Time with my whole family.

I am sorry to say, don't expect this kind of fanfare when you actually turn a year old, in, yee gads, less than 4 weeks now.

I don't know what happened. When your sister turned one, I went a little crazy. We invited, like, 40 people. We brought in food from our favorite BBQ place. We took her on a trip to the NICU to celebrate with the nurses and doctors, we went to the zoo, we bought her a special dress with her name on it that I ordered from a boutique and spent more money that I even care to remember.

I haven't even picked out invitations for your party. The one that is happening in, oh holy cow, 23 days.

Please, please don't think it's because we love you any less. You are one amazing little guy. In just this past month you have been working on all kinds of toddler like activities. You stood on your own for a brief moment. You cruise all over our house, holding onto whatever is convenient (the couch, the fridge, the dog). You started waving just this week! We think you call me "Mim" and you like to eat sand and you can scream at a decibel that will probably attract dogs to our house.

I am starting to wonder if I am procrastinating because I am in denial. You are almost not a baby anymore. And you are our last baby. So that's that. I promise you will have a lovely party. I just need to catch my breath.

No comments: