Monday, December 29, 2008

Dancing Girls and Baby Jesus

Ok. I am sure that title sounds a little weird. However, that pretty much sums up the content of the Radio City Christmas Spectacular.

It was AWESOME.

I partially watched/took pictures/laughed/ohmygoshed/cried through the whole thing. Some of that had to do with the fact that I was actually THERE...in Radio City Music Hall, watching THE Rockettes (that I had only ever watched before during countless Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades) and I was with all my "girls."

But another part was the fact that it was Christmas. I am not a big fan of the "Happy Holidays" greeting and pretty much try to not use it. I realize other people are celebrating other things this time of year, but we celebrate CHRISTMAS. And so that is what I like to say. Merry Christmas. Happily enough, the Christmas Spectacular is just about Christmas. Sure, about 2/3rds of it is the Santa/Shopping aspect of Christmas.

But then, THEN, there is a live Nativity. With real camels. CAMELS PEOPLE! IN NEW YORK CITY! I still wonder how they get them there and where they stay between shows, etc. etc.

It was so beautiful I actually got tears in my eyes. Of course, in between all that I tried to get a picture of it.


I will try and post tomorrow about the shopping/sightseeing portion of the trip.

Plus, I should probably post about our Christmas (especially since it was a certain little man's first!).

Here's a sneak peak...

No comments: