Friday, December 19, 2008

Tiny Home - Big City

First of all, I HAVE to thank my sister for being our tour guide/awesome host on our trip to NYC.
She is the cooler, hipper, braver, younger version of me.

She has moved every year for the last 3 years (did I also mention she is fearless?) and a big part of what prompted us to visit her in NY now is that she is moving to LA in January.

I always try and see the places she is living when she moves. It helps me envision her in her home when we are talking on the phone, especially now that she is moving all over the country (or so it seems).

All I knew about her apartment in the Upper East Side was it was small. Really, really small. And expensive. REALLY, REALLY expensive.

Finally, I have seen the apartment, and it has lived up to its reputation.

The door on the left is her apartment. It is a little blurry, but the hallway goes to a point and that little strip of white at the end is all the divides her door from the door across the hall.

I am taking this picture leaning against the back wall of her apartment. Yes, that is her bed Baby Girl is resting on. And yes, that is her kitchen. This is it. Her whole place in one picture. There is a dresser to the left that is out of frame...but you get the idea.

This is the closet/entrance to the bathroom (you can see the closet just behind the kitchen in the previous picture). I realize that looks like A LOT of shoe boxes.

OK, it IS a lot of shoe boxes...but it's what she does for a living. NO, not shop for shoes...she works for the company!

We didn't sleep at her apartment (for obvious space reasons) but I was so glad to have the chance to see it. Of course, I have to start planning my trip to LA so I can see her next place!

Next up...Radio City, Shopping, and More Pictures!

No comments: