Thursday, January 8, 2009

N.Y.C. I.O.U.

It occurred to me that I never finished writing about our trip to New York. The Rockettes took up our Friday, but we were there until Sunday afternoon.

What I learned from this trip is that if you are going to be somewhere like New York City for only about 2 days you can either shop, or be a tourist, but not both (at least not very well!).

Here is the summary of the rest of our trip in the rushed tones I felt while trying to Do! It! All! before we jumped in the Taxi for the airport:

Saturday:

Sleep in. Rushed brunch at hotel. Times Square. Look! There's the Empire State Building! Macy's, Macy's, Macy's, Macy's, Macy's, Macy's, Macy's, Macy's (there are 8 floors, people!). Cole Haan. Tiffany's. Look! There's St. Patrick's Cathedral! Light show at Saks. Rockefeller Center. Lose Mom in the massive crowd all trying to see The Tree. Find Mom. See Tree. See tiny portion of ice skating rink due to massive crowd. Escape crowd. Stand in line at Magnolia for cupcakes. Back to Hotel. Order in Pizza. Have night out with my sister involving a wine bar and drinks that cost more than you would believe. Look! There's Tavern on the Green! Sleep.


Sunday:

Sleep in. Rushed breakfast of leftover cupcakes and bagels I make my sister go and buy (it's New York! Must have bagels!). Pack. M&M Store. Time's Square. Tacky Tourist Shopping. Hello Kitty Store. Taxi. Look! There's Central Park! Look! There's Wall Street. Look! That is where the Twin Towers stood. Look! It's Battery Park. Get out and walk to the water to see the Statue of Liberty. Also "Elvis Island" (according to Baby Girl). Taxi. Little Italy. Lunch at La Nonna's. Tacky Tourist Shopping. Taxi. Hotel. Get Luggage. Hugs and Kisses. Taxi. Airport.




It was a trip of a lifetime. Christmas in New York City is truly something to behold. I was hoping one day to go there for the Thanksgiving Day Parade but now I will focus my trips on the West Coast.

Hopefully not as rushed!

No comments: