Saturday, March 21, 2009

8 Months

As I write this, Baby Boy, you are sitting on the floor blowing raspberries at your sister (or maybe the dog...I'm not sure) happily oblivious to the fact you are another month older. This month has brought your first tooth, marginally less spit-up, and still no rolling over. You are getting very good at sitting, and reaching for whatever you think might be fun to gnaw on. Since you are not due for another appointment until next month, I am not sure how much you weigh or how long you are. I do know you are growing, because carrying you around in your car seat is starting to require muscles I am not sure I possess!


You have a pretty relaxed schedule. Sleeping through the night is hit or miss, so it sometimes determines how we spend our day. We started going to story time at the library, which you really seem to enjoy, but making it there be 10:00 some weeks just doesn't happen. If you are sleeping in after a particularly long night, or happen to want to take a morning nap, we will stay home. It's a small price to pay for keeping you (and mommy!) happy.

This has been a relatively quiet month for us, which is good. We have made some visits to our families and you enjoyed your first Mardi Gras (well, we had jambalaya and you had pureed food, but it was still fun!). We have started going outside more, and I am looking forward to taking you on your first trip to the zoo this week! I have a feeling once the warmer weather comes, we will be very, very busy. I know we are trying to enjoy every minute of you, but sometimes it seems time is passing too fast. I do know we love you more with each passing day.

Happy 8 months, Baby Boy.

No comments: