Wednesday, October 21, 2009

15 Months

Fun things about Baby Boy at 15 Months!

He has 7 and a half teeth.

He is moving up to size 4 Huggies.

He still eats like a champ. He seems to like everything but carrots. We don't know why.

He says: dog, mama, up, dada, sis, ni-ni (night night), bye bye, hi, car.

He waves bye bye and hi, but mostly to passing cars.

He LOVES cars.

He has finished nursing (too much information, I'm sure, but considering his sister took until 18 months to give up her bottle, this is news).

He is between 18 months and 24 months for clothes, mostly for length.

He lets his sister dress him up.

He loves to play "chase" with his sister.

He enjoys pointing at pictures and looking at books.

His eyes are green. For now.

He still loves to climb and get into everything.

He didn't flinch at all when a garter snake slithered up his pant leg.*

He really enjoys being outside.

He is a real joy.

*Ok, here's the story. Yesterday, I took Baby Boy outside since it was such a nice day. We were on the driveway when I saw what I thought might be a stick, until I got closer, and realized it was a small garter snake, sunning itself on the concrete. Snakes do not bother me at all, so I thought it would be fun to show Baby Boy the little snake up close. I sat him down next to it, and then tried to get the snake to move. Well, the snake wasn't too crazy about being disturbed and took off for the closest shelter it could find: up the pant leg of Baby Boy's overalls! He looked at me and I looked at him...and after laughing nervously, thought it was probably a good idea to get the snake out of there. So I picked up Baby Boy, gave him a little shake, and the snake slid right out. We then watched it slither up the driveway and out of sight.

No comments: